Tuesday 21 February 2017

I'm a guest on Mike's Open Journal Podcast


G'Day Birds Eye Viewers!

How are you all on this dull February morning?

Now, those of you who know me personally and not just via the blog will already know that I'm something of a motormouth. I have a tendency towards being pretty full on: turbo-charged and as nutty as a tray of Ferrero's at the Ambassador's Reception. Some of you may remember my previous podcast recorded with Washington DC-based podcasters Sip And Shine.

Trying to get a word in edgeways when I'm on one is no mean feat...as Mike Douglas, creator of the mental health podcast Mike's Open Journal, was about to find out, when he invited me onto his show to talk about my experiences with mental health issues, specifically in relation to infertility, IVF and marriage breakdown, as described in this blog post...




                              
Having had his own experience of mental health issues and also a marriage breakdown and no children, Mike and I have plenty in common. Unfortunately what we don't have in common is the same calm and controlled style of speech, so listening to Mike's even and lilting tone will be soothing and easy to listen to; my own hyper and breathless babbling...not so much.


I wonder which one's me...?
photo credit


So apologies for the frantic pace of my chatter - oh, and the fact that I sound like Pat Butcher from Eastenders...and say "yeah" a thousand times. Believe it or not, despite the mile-a-minute rambling, I actually don't like the sound of my own voice that much. Let's just say I make Bianca Jackson sound posh.

Anyway, thanks for listening! I hope I don't send your blood pressure soaring and you can listen with a nice cuppa, and not require a vodka and a fistful of Statins to get through the hour-long episode....


 To listen to the podcast click here


Listen to Mike's other episodes 
Follow Mike's Open Journal on Twitter




Who, me? I don't know what you mean...
photo credit


Fancy reading my back-story before you go any further? You can find my other blogs at:
www.costaricachica1.blogspot.com

Follow me:

Twitter: @SamanthaWalsh76
Instagram: wanderingblonde76

No comments:

Post a Comment